These delicious melt in your mouth homemade Paleo chocolate truffles are simple to make and always a crowd pleaser – whether for your family or a gathering. In my nutrition practice, I support healthy eating which typically excludes sweet snacks and desserts. Sometimes, however, a special treat is called for. This recipe uses quality ingredients that you can feel good about sharing and enjoying.
The ingredients are simple and many people have them in their pantry. But if you don’t have them available, I have included links to order. Here is my recipe that is organic, gluten free, raw, vegetarian as well as Paleo!
At a recent gathering, I served two versions and printed out the recipes with the ingredients. I also provided the following helpful guide for those with dietary restrictions or allergens:
- Gluten Free
- Grain Free
- Dairy free
- No GMO
- No refined sugars
- No Trans fats
*With the exception of the coffee flavored ones that are rolled in roasted coffee.
The truffles were a bit hit and the guests appreciated my sense of humor as so many people follow some kind of dietary restriction these days.
Delicious Melt in Your Mouth Chocolate Truffles
- 1 cup organic Terrasoul Superfoods Domestic Hulled Sunflower Seeds (Organic), 2 Pounds "> raw Sunflower seeds
- ½ cup organic coconut butter (Such as Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna, 15 Ounce ">Coconut Manna by Nutiva or Artisana Coconut Butter 8 ounces ">Artisana)
- 2 Tbsp. organic Healthworks Raw Certified Organic Cacao Powder, 32 Ounce ">raw cocoa
- 2 Tbsp. organic YS Organic Bee Farms CERTIFIED ORGANIC RAW HONEY 100% CERTIFIED ORGANIC HONEY Raw, Unprocessed, Unpasteurized - Kosher 32oz ">raw honey
- 2 tsp. organic Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract Certified Organic, 4-Ounce Glass Bottle ">vanilla
- Additional cocoa, ground coffee, cardamon or cinnamon for garnish
Blend all ingredients in a small food processor. Roll into small balls. Roll in additional cocoa to garnish. Experiment with other flavors such as ground coffee, cardamom and cinnamon.